13 September 2009

Dear Adam

My friend Adam died one year and a few days ago.
The past days he has been with me a lot.

Here is documentation of a private performance I did around the day of his funeral last year, which I couldn't attend as I was abroad.
Title: Adam, and having a body
29 Sep 2008, Corfu, Greece.

Preparing. A blue sheet of paper is painted white, and a cut-out of my own body is placed on top. White paint and clay is mixed in a mortar and used to outline the edges of the body, at the same time 'gluing' the edges down.
A light breeze animates the blue figure at times.



The figure is filled in with charcoal (carbon).

I undress, rub my body with oil and lay on top of the figure.

The charcoal leaves a print on my back when I get up.

I raise the figure and embrace it. The charcoal leaves a print on the front of my body.

I set fire to the figure and watch it disintegrate.
I leave the space.

thank you Adam



0 comments:

Post a Comment